The Observation Post
Monday, October 30, 2006
Project Valour-IT
Friends,
I apologize for the way I have neglected LFTS over the past weeks. I have been a sometime contributor at OPFOR, as well as getting back into the swing of things back in the real world. It does feel good to be back at work with ANGLICO and preparing for our next deployment.

Now that the lame apologies and excuses are out of the way, on to the business at hand.

Some of you may have heard of Project Valour-IT. If you have not, allow me to introduce you to an amazing project. Project Valour-IT was started by an organization called Soldiers' Angels. It's goal is to provide voice-controlled laptop computers to our wounded warriors. Many of these warriors are unable to use their hands due to wounds received in Iraq or Afghanistan. With the laptop computers provided by Project Valour-IT, they will once again be able to connect with family, friends, and comrades through the internet.

Numerous Milbloggers have teamed up to raise $180,000 for Project Valour-IT. I have added LFTS to the Marine team to assist in the effort. Please visit and make a donation to help my wounded brothers.




 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Observations of a Marine infantry officer and participant in the Global War On Terror.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Captain in the Marine Corps, and an infantry officer by trade. Currently, I am assigned to 2d Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company (ANGLICO) as a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC), responsible for requesting and directing close air support in support of friendly ground units. I have deployed to the Central Command AOR on four separate occasions, including two tours in Iraq and a tour in Afghanistan. I will be returning to Iraq for another go-round in the fall of 2007.

ARCHIVES
April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / April 2007 /


Powered by Blogger