The Observation Post
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Life in Jazeerah
Now that I've gotten the rants out of my system, I figured I'd just post some pictures.


Iraqi soldiers manning a PKC machinegun


A patrol of Iraqi soldiers, almost looks like a scene out of another war


Covering a road with a 50 cal. Because of the MTT's size and
composition, it's not uncommon for officers and SNCOs to drive
or man the gun, which is unthinkable in most units


Scanning the area through my ACOG


The Felon watching some suspicious characters


Two of the puppies that live on the COP
 
Comments:
How well armored is the IA? I saw a press conference w/LTG Demsey where he stated 2797 uparmored HMMWVs are planned for ISF (~15/Bn). Also seen reporting of Reva, Otokar, DZIK3, Akrep, Baracuda and Cougars purchased for ISF.
 
They have uparmored Humvees and Panhard armored cars. Their Humvees are equivalent to our UAHs. We don't go outside the wire without uparmored vehicles, US and Iraqi.
 
Hey, big brother. Just wanted to say hi. I haven't written you nearly enough and I'm really sorry about that. I'm glad to see you're doing all right, though and I'm really getting a kick out of your blog. Stay safe over there, man, and I'll happily entertain you with stories of my debauchery in the UK when you get back.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Observations of a Marine infantry officer and participant in the Global War On Terror.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a Captain in the Marine Corps, and an infantry officer by trade. Currently, I am assigned to 2d Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company (ANGLICO) as a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC), responsible for requesting and directing close air support in support of friendly ground units. I have deployed to the Central Command AOR on four separate occasions, including two tours in Iraq and a tour in Afghanistan. I will be returning to Iraq for another go-round in the fall of 2007.

ARCHIVES
April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / April 2007 /


Powered by Blogger